Currently reading:
Why are sanitary fittings so badly designed?

Discuss Why are sanitary fittings so badly designed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flanagaj

Being a competent DIYer who has installed a fair few bathrooms in his time, it always amazes me just how poor the fittings are to connect the hardware to the sanitary ware.

1. Having to install a rubber gasket over the nut between the cistern and the pan. Surely, there is a better design than this?

2. Nice to see Bristan now have taps which you can part install, fit the sink and then connect the tap body. Ideal, as it means you can get a silicone gun in to seal the sink. Fitting taps from underneath is such a ball ache.

Now don't get me started on how hit and miss it is to not having a leaking sink waste!

Whats the point of coming on a plumbing forum as a DIY'ER then carry on like that??

I think his footprints didn't touch the ground, though he probably uses pliers.

No, but what the *&%^ does that have to do with the point I am making. This forum is sh!it and just seems to be ruled by a load of "qualified plumbers" who think they are better than the rest of us. Every "qualified" plumber I have used in my house has been totally friggin useless.

Just because you have a piece of paper does not make you a master of your craft.
did i upset them ? ? ;)

I'm more curious about this hardware connection to sanitary ware. No wonder he thought the plumbers he used weren't any good, they didn't connect his printer to the toilet.

I'm more curious about this hardware connection to sanitary ware. No wonder he thought the plumbers he used weren't any good, they didn't connect his printer to the toilet.

Probably couldn't connect the printer as his gob was already in place!

I love it when people cant take criticism, makes these posts o so interesting dont you agree?

He sounds abit like that RICH in that other thread about his CH project lol he cant take any advice lol
Your own post saying your a good DIY but get leaks all the time lol, I know wot I'll blame everythink but me lol same old story lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why are sanitary fittings so badly designed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back