Discuss Who to contact if smart meter fails in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have just been round to a customers as they have fault on their boiler. Turns out they have no gas. There is gas at the incoming valve but nothing going through meter. Who do they contact? Thanks

Supplier / who they pay the bill too

The battery has failed in the Gas meter, not uncommon and will be more common in the future.
New meter required.
The "Smart" or not so in this case, Gas meter communicates with the Electric meter using battery power.
The Electric meter communicates with the Data collecting centre using mains power.

Reply to Who to contact if smart meter fails in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am having an on-going battle with my energy supplier trying to get a smart gas meter. I have a Landis &gyr installed which was a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back