Discuss white part of flue on show in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

what are folks views on some of the flue showing - I know glowworm allow 600mm to potrude from wall and Worcester now allow theirs to be run externaly but baxi say non to be on show. gas safe don't approve of it

all depends on the manufacturers instructions and if that part of the flue is UV rated. Dont listen to gas safe, if the MI state its ok then its ok.

Spoke to vaillant recently to query this, they are happy for their flue to be run externaly but you must silicone any joints to stop water getting in the air intake. Dont fancy it myself but to instructions so is ok.

I had x2 main eco I fitted picked up on inspection yesterday. I was just passed guttering main say yes

I wouldn't, for one it would look terrible. For 2, everyone knows silicone don't last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to white part of flue on show in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock