Discuss Whinning noise - intermittant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raider

Hi I have a intermittant whinning noice from a combiantion boiler mostly at a cold start up.

Could this be air in the system? Is so will a bleed of all radiators solve it?

Boiler is Saunier Duval Thema 23E

Thanks

check the cap on the air vent on pump is loose possibly the pump has some crud building up in it has the system got inhibitor in ?
if not get some in may just save you buying a new pump

Thanks someone said it's probably air in the system this is unlikely then?

Is this something a novice can do?

Raider
Could it be the wife as I have the same problem???
Seriously, is it a condensing boiler?
Steve

Yes a combination boiler but is it a condensing combination boiler? Do you have a white plastic pipe comming from the bottom of the boiler?
Steve

bleed the rads, bleed the pump, check your pressure, Then watch your Pressure release valve for leaks.

Yes a combination boiler but is it a condensing combination boiler? Do you have a white plastic pipe comming from the bottom of the boiler?
Steve

Thanks no plastic pipes coming out from the bottom.

bleed the rads, bleed the pump, check your pressure, Then watch your Pressure release valve for leaks.

Is bleeding the pump something I could do? If so how please?

So bleeding the radiators could be the place to start then, radiators all seem hot at the top but I will give it a go.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
its not the fan bearing is it.
had one a while back, low whining to start in the mornings, after a few months sounded like it was about to explode.
wd 40 around the bearing shafts worked and still has.

In my opinion grease is harder to work into bearing than a little wd40 without removing stuff.

wd40 will evaporate in about a month. grease is made for the job if you like to spray use chain oil be careful of overspray

I have noticed someting else with this now. When the whining noise starts if you turn on the cold water tap on and then off the whinning noise stops. What does anyone think about this please? Thank you for your help.

The other thing is the noise is more likely to happen when the weather is colder. Not sure if this helps or not.

have u got a pressure reducing valve on the inlet pipe maybe they sometomes make a noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whinning noise - intermittant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock