Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Which fluid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to look at this job for a new install of an electric boiler. Been told another company has said it is oil in the underfloor heating system. Please let me know your thoughts

Attachments

• 20160405_110707.jpg
    20160405_110707.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20160405_112147.jpg
    20160405_112147.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 61
  • 20160405_112151.jpg
    20160405_112151.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20160405_112154.jpg
    20160405_112154.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20160405_112259.jpg
    20160405_112259.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 45
Is it me or does that prv by red exp vessel go into that container?

Was gonna say it looks like it's straight into a hepvo

i was looking at the other one it does look like it goes into the container

Went to look at this job for a new install of an electric boiler. Been told another company has said it is oil in the underfloor heating system. Please let me know your thoughts

If its oil in the under floor heating does it have a separate heat exchanger to the Central heating? Or is the CH oil as well, is there a filling loop of the cold main?

Only way to be sure would be to take a sample. Think the other company is talking out of its ring piece.

Thanks for all your replies. Yes the PRV is going into a container. Great install !! And yes that is a filling loop off the cold water main and yes no separate heat exchanger for so called oil ufh. My client has been charged £2500 by a company who says they filled it with oil. As soon as I see the setup you can easily see it has a mains filling loop into the system

Please log back in to reply, posts by unregistered accounts usually get deleted or the thread gets closed down.

Definitely not oil. Needs zone valve fitting after the diverter and before cylinder!

100% Geyser. It's a really strange setup. Boiler for this is in a flat above. Can't get a gas boiler in this flat so have quoted for an electric boiler. What seems crazy as well is why they have only put one actuator on the manifold. Why not zone each room. Just can't believe that a company has charged 2.5 grand to apparently fill system with oil. What a joke

100% Geyser. It's a really strange setup. Boiler for this is in a flat above. Can't get a gas boiler in this flat so have quoted for an electric boiler. What seems crazy as well is why they have only put one actuator on the manifold. Why not zone each room. Just can't believe that a company has charged 2.5 grand to apparently fill system with oil. What a joke

does seem strange to have the Rehau wiring centre for the UFH and then only have 1 zone on it. If it was only ever going to be set-up to all come on at the same time they could have done it without that expensive wiring centre and done it with a 10 way terminal block wiring centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which fluid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock