Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss which boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecod7

hi, im in need of advice on which boiler to buy, my old one is a floor mounted potterton gravity fed system with two pumps. it services 11 rads of all sizes from 4th floor down to bathroom, can someone inform me of a boiler that can handle both rads and hotwater, thanks,

all boilers of the correct kw sizing can do that, we all have our favorites. speak to your local installer ( who will be giving you guarantee ) everybody harping on about 5yr guarantee on this and that boiler. read small print. get any guarantee in writing from installer before even think about using it to sway your decision.

as for pumping height. irrelevant for boiler choice as pumps can be changed.

if it were my house an avanta eco with pump upgrade to 25 70 ( fitted externally !)

good luck

what ever boiler you go for you need to get the system very clean before installing it. it could also involve some serious upgrade to the system if its a one pipe setup, new valves etc, etc.
Martin

what to get will very much depend on what you want from the heating and hot water system.
do you have a good water pressure as most plumbers will advise on a combi boiler.
do you have any powershowers fitted .
is the system a 2 pipe system ?
how old are the rads ?
no point jumping in and telling what boiler would suit you best without knowing what you have got .

hope this helps

thanks for advice.

thanks for reply, had a retired gas fitter pop down as afavour, told me gas valves were blocked and cylinder coil was gunged up , hopefully i can fix without going to major renewal.

thanks for reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock