Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What's your hourly rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

My basic rate is £30 per hour, which I sometimes reduce to £25 for larger and longer jobs as these end up bringing in the same. Interested as to what plumbers charge in different areas of the UK.

i normally charge £45 for he first hour then £30 for each hour after that, but certain jobs have a fixed price like taps and toilets

i normally charge £45 for he first hour then £30 for each hour after that, but certain jobs have a fixed price like taps and toilets

Mines is exactly the same as yours. As said certain jobs have fixed price

I'm £40+VAT an hour for adhoc jobs, i.e phone call, need you now type scenario. Labour is varied on other fixed price jobs, boiler installs etc.

I don't do hourly rate very often, mostly fixed price stuff which people seem to accept better. £40/hr if they fancy paying me to drink their tea.

with tamz on this fixed rate is much easier for them to digest tell them its 45 quid a hour and the gasping starts

I give fixed rate prices based on £200 a day with £50 minimum charge. All prices are +vat.

prefer fixed rate work, they know what to expect and i know they cant moan when i hold my palm out after the job is done, for basic things like washer replacements it varies from £10 upwards depending on location, politeness of customers towards me (lets face it if they dont brew up and they look at you like dirt then they aint getting a discount). age is also a factor with me, i like to be nice to the OAP group. hourly rates i tend to do as £40 for first hour and 30 there after.

I really hate doing jobbing for pensioners. One or 2 a month i could cope with but 2 or 3 in the one day is a waste of time.
"How much is that son"
"just give me a tenner"
"Oh here could you have a wee look at my ??? while you are here"
"put the kettle on then:sweatdrop:"

I have a soft spot for the old people.

I've got different rates for plumbing and gas/heating. Plumbing £25 and hour gas/heating £40. I just can't charge too much for plumbing works as I'm compeing against the poles. I prefer to go in at a fixed price though as there's no argument then.

I'm the same as tamz when it comes to old people, particularly if they're on their own because they like the company so I end up spending far too much time drinking tea and really can't justify charging them 3 hours for changing a tap washer.

i try not to get involved with hourly rates i prefer to give a price try to work to a £55 minimum charge but im a bit soft when its pensioners or the job is realy small

For my fixed rate work I use 200 a day, plus a bit on a multiple day job. For oil breakdowns (normal hours) it's 45 for turning up and the first hour.

I really hate doing jobbing for pensioners. One or 2 a month i could cope with but 2 or 3 in the one day is a waste of time.
"How much is that son"
"just give me a tenner"

Theres a word for people like you.... I think little britain did it...... can't think of the word though.......

Out of hours I charge more, emergency charge more, but generally around the same.

A large company will charge £90 call out etc etc.

If I am sitting in my 'jim jams' hoping for a bit of 'hows your father..' and I have to get the bat mobile out of the garage then you'll have to pay, or go somewhere else!

For me the answer is 'far too early'.....

the one that always gets me when talking to some one on a phone call is

" i'm tied up atm "

the images i get in my head.....

i charge £50 for a call out, for a hour but generally never go over that even if im there 1.5 hours then usually about 30 a hour after! but i prefer fixed prices and then really i just way people up and depends on much i want the job to the price i quote, although have tried to price myself out of jobs and still won them,,

also i agree i charge more for out of hours. A mate of mine charge £120 to make safe out of hours, although i dont really get much work like that he does alot of that kind of out of hours work!

I always try to give a fixed price as well but if it's something like a leak search & repair, it's 55 for the first hour then £30 an hour after that.

"How much is that son"
"just give me a tenner"

thats cause you is an oldie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's your hourly rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock