Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What's this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capitanpugwash

Just on a job today and between the two cylinders you can see the hot feed passes into a thing shaped like an exhaust box?

What is this and what does it do?

Ta :confused:

Megaheat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
could be a air separator is this in a domestic or commercial fit?

Commercial- at a hair dressers. A pair side by side, each with one of these...

i seen similar things in some care homes i worked in, i think it was for limescale. Looked very old tho.

is that an electric cable going in the bottom, is it a back up electric heater.

My reason for thinking this is that hair dressing salons use vast amounts of hot water and even though you have 2 hot water cylinders they typically can not recover fast enough so the electric heater is put on the hot outlet to heat the water to take up the constant demand

Each of the megaflows has 6 x immersions inside to keep constantly heated. Don't think this was a heater as it was only the same temperature as the hot water. If it was a back up it wouldn't keep up with the flow at all given the size of the primary elements. It also only has a thin flex in so would not carry a heating element current. Going back today so will have another look....

Apparently that thing is called a 'final mix'. There is a thermal mixing valve on the top of the cylinder which controls temperature but isn't perfect at stabilising temperature. This device stores the water up and mixes it to smooth any temperature fluctuationat the TMV and deliver a more stable temperature.... So there you go!

SouthernGas- you that dodgy bloke I see round Reading with the funny leopard skin van???!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock