Currently reading:
What watch do you wear from day to day

Discuss What watch do you wear from day to day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ajones_17

I'm a bit of a watch fan so was just wondering what watches do you guys wear as a daily beater.
mines a GW-6900a G-Shock

I don't wear a watch. When I get hungry I go home. Normally about 2pm. In the mornings I can work out the time by my bowel movement. 6.35am, regular as clockwork me.

I don't wear a watch. When I get hungry I go home. Normally about 2pm. In the mornings I can work out the time by my bowel movement. 6.35am, regular as clockwork me.

So when your asked what time you start, you tell them ten past turd?

Don't need a watch. My phone starts ringing at 08.15 and stops at 18.30 then my wife starts. I can't afford a watch and my life is punctuated by Moronic phone calls.

So if you overdo the curry and ale, and things get a bit errr "loose", do you think its half past next thursday?

Shame you dont wake up till 7.10.....lol regards Turnpin:8:

I use my iPhone for the time.
I have about 6 watches & only one is working with a fresh battery at moment. A couple of them are decent quality but I don't see much point in spending a lot of money on a watch as some of the cheaper watches seem to be very well made & I doubt if you could tell if they are expensive or not.
I have a £6 fake Seiko Kenetic watch which was > £300 for the real one & it is very high quality case & a dead ringer for a Seiko.

I wouldn't wear a fake watch, I would rather wear a £30 real watch than a fake of a £2k watch

I wouldn't wear a fake watch, I would rather wear a £30 real watch than a fake of a £2k watch

Yes, I know what you mean, but that's fair enough if you are talking about a fake Rolex - everybody will guess it's a fake & a lot of them look tat. I have a fake Tag watch & a fake Seiko & both are as good a quality as any watch of at least £50. Both keep the time perfect & both look like I spent £300 at least. I was accused of being quite wealthy by a watch dealer once when he spotted the "Seiko".
£300 to me is 30 brand new watches! :smile:

I don't really understand why someone would spend £1000s on a watch.

If I had that sort of money spare, I might buy a painting or an antique or even jewellery for mrs s, but not a watch. The time is the same whether i see it on my phone or on a pricey watch.

I guess we all spend our money on what we think makes us happy ?
I used to be into motorbikes and would buy a new one on a whim but it was for using not like half my mates who spent a fortune on aftermarket bolt on rubbish that was like throwing money in the bin !
Then the colour coordinating gear ?
I wore scruffy old leathers and a decent skid lid while mates spent a fortune on custom paint !
Nowt as strange as folk !

Had a very expensive pen for my 21st from gf at the time... Used it for work, found labour doodling with it in canteen, never wanted anything worth stealing since (with sentimental value)

I always wear a watch. Never take it off except to clean it.
I have dozens but wouldn't spend more than 2 or 3 hundred tops. All metal strap chrono's, all at least 100m, dont care what make.
I have seiko's accurists swatches secondas citizens briels timex etc.
2 or 3 good ones i keep for if i'm going out but usually forget to take it back off and it ends up as a work watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What watch do you wear from day to day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back