Discuss What Van do you guys and gals have? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
So it is time for me to scrap my vivaro which has just be written off my the insurance company after someone crashed into the van while parked. Lucky as I was just going to dump it this yr any way. Will be sad as have had it for 12yrs.

Any way, need to get a new one which complies with euro 6. This vivaro has been great so thinking about another one or one of the same vehicles but with a different badge.

Has anyone gone from a big van to a caddy? How did you find it? A struggle with space or better as you can organise more easily?

What racking systems do people have? At the moment I have the back split from the front. All tools in back and fittings etc in the front. Problem with this is you cannot get full 8x 4 sheets in when it's raining.

Also, where did you get them from? Brand new or 2nd hand?

Are the Ford transits any good?

Thanks all. Hope you are all keeping well.

Years ago I went from doblo to vivaro as needed to be rid of storage unit. Depends on what work you do if mainly service and small jobs I would go for dobl/caddy size. I loved my vivaro though. You just need good storage and keep it tidy, most big jobs now it’s easier to get stuff delivered. If I needed another new van I would go for vivaro or it’s equivalen. Motorpoint has some vivaros and dispatches at £16000 on 69 plates

Last edited:
Years ago I went from doblo to vivaro as needed to be rid of storage unit. Depends on what work you do if mainly service and small jobs I would go for dobl/caddy size. I loved my vivaro though. You just need good storage and keep it tidy, most big jobs now it’s easier to get stuff delivered. If I needed another new van I would go for vivaro or it’s equivalen. Motorpoint has some vivaros and dispatches at £16000 on 69 plates

Hi Mate

Thanks for the reply and advice and also the recommendation for motorpoint. I will look into them now.

I do all kinds from bathrooms to heating systems etc so think I do actually need a good size.

I see Vauxhall sell pre registered vans ( vauxhall need to register a certain amount of cars and so they register them to themselves which classes them as 2nd hand but with no one actually having owned them) for 16k which are usually 24k. Unfortunately I just missed out on these.

Doh

Have a great day mate

I've had a Vivaro from new for 2 years and it has been great. I have the long wheel base version with racking done by my joiner. It does everything I need for work, came with a 4 year warranty, breakdown and service plan and most importantly was about £10k less than the Ford or VW equivalent. I only use it for work so don't need heated seats and windows etc. Although it does have Sat Nav/Alloys/Colour bodywork etc.
A few lads who work for me also have Vivaros and have had no issues either.

Thanks all. I see a lot of the new vivaro vans are 1.5 litre. When I look at the engine specs it is pretty similar to my 1.9 cdti. Does anyone have these 1.5's and are they OK with full loads etc?

Cheers

Also, the electric version is only 29,000 for the basic model. These are bound to come down in price but will they go down that much as the price at the moment is with a 6k grant from the government.

As above, I am not after a fancy vehicle. It is a van for work which is all I will use it for.

Reply to What Van do you guys and gals have? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock