Discuss What tolerance is allowed on smart meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Morning all,

I'm just about to head out to a leak where the TOFOs have been after fitting a smart meter.

Just had a thought, I assume the tolerances with appliances connected are still the same as normal. That sounds like a stupid question but I just wanted to double check incase it fits this scenario.

Isn’t it now zero drop if someone has isolated due to a ‘gas leak’

Depends if the appliances are still attached

And if there’s been a smell of gas

All sorted. Traced and repaired. Would still be curious to know. As Shaun says, still serious allieda with appliances connected and no smell of gas (which I have always thought a joke personally but we see to have multiple threads with this debate so I don't want this to be a repeat!!)

All sorted. Traced and repaired. Would still be curious to know. As Shaun says, still serious allieda with appliances connected and no smell of gas (which I have always thought a joke personally but we see to have multiple threads with this debate so I don't want this to be a repeat!!)
The trouble is the home owner may have said to the last person yes I can sometimes smell gas. He then caps off and when you turn up they change their mind hoping you can just switch it back on.

Gas safe TB042 - repairs following reported gas escapes.

Copied and pasted:

Even if the recorded gas escape is within tolerance of the maximum allowable permissible pressure drop, as defined in the relevant standard, the gas escape must either be traced and repaired, or the gas supply made safe until an effective repair is made.

With regards to smart meter tolerances, I’d treat as whatever the meter is, eg G4/E6, then as Shaun has said, existing appliances connected and no smell of gas.

Reply to What tolerance is allowed on smart meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I recently bought a bunch of Drayton Wiser Smart TRV heads. I wanted to install them on all of my radiators so that I have full control...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock