Search the forum,

Discuss What to charge for on services in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, so with the new changes to Part L etc, I guess a test of the system water is now included on everyone's annual boiler service. However, if you had to add inhibitor how much are you guys charging, as some are easy to add to, and some are a bit more complicated. Also OFTEC state that engineers don't have to clean system filters it's down to the homeowner, so are people charging separately for this service?
Many thanks đź‘Ť

We charge buy the hour so it costs what it costs to service something. Normally any chemicals are charged at full retail price (like you'd see it for in B&Q). Time wise, it doesn't take long under normal circumstances to add some.

OFTEC can hold whatever opinions they choose as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't personally expect my customers to get involved in cleaning their own filters. Just like I wouldn't expect my mechanic to give me the van back after a service and tell me the oil filter needs replacing when I get chance.

Is everyone actually testing them? I find that hard to believe.

I just make everyone have an inhibitor top up every 3 years on boilers and systems I maintain.

Filters get cleaned on every service, and included in our service price.

Is everyone actually testing them? I find that hard to believe.

I just make everyone have an inhibitor top up every 3 years on boilers and systems I maintain.

Filters get cleaned on every service, and included in our service price.
I can't see everyone testing them to be honest. It's just more and more nonsense added to my day. If it's not some muppet wanting a piece of my pie, it's some other muppet saying what we must and mustn't do. The older I get, the more it bores me.

Reply to What to charge for on services in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock