Discuss What system do I have and best shower to use...? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

This is the valve that affects the sink and shower.
20211022_123655.jpg

This unit (currently being turned on/off with pliers🤦🏼‍♀️) won't turn as far as just hot so this is the best I can do for measuring pressure. The water is just on the hot side of comfortable. Not sure if that's useful?!
20211022_123755.jpg

Can you see that PRV or whatever and you may be able to adjust it, with shower running to ~ 0.5bar or less.

If not
With the shower full on can you throttle the cold water supply at the reducing valve or even at the mains to give ~ 0.3/0.5 bar and measure the flow rate again?.

Have you any idea of the pipe size supplying your shower? is it say 22mm from the HW cylinder and then reduces to 15MM before the shower or/and HW tap?.

Can you see that PRV or whatever and you may be able to adjust it, with shower running to ~ 0.5bar or less.

If not
With the shower full on can you throttle the cold water supply at the reducing valve or even at the mains to give ~ 0.3/0.5 bar and measure the flow rate again?.

Have you any idea of the pipe size supplying your shower? is it say 22mm from the HW cylinder and then reduces to 15MM before the shower or/and HW tap?.

Can’t adjust it Jon as it sounds like gravity hot with mains cold water

Op best option is to fit an unvented cylinder then your shower will be the same as your mains unless it’s over 3 bar then it would be this

Reply to What system do I have and best shower to use...? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock