Discuss What size boiler needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes circ pump continues when boiler cuts out and stops when room starts reaches temperature.

When the boiler is off the temp on return rises and flow drops and boiler cuts in again when flow temp is 66/67 degrees. Return temp is 57 degrees.
Today we found this damage on the top baffle mount inside the firebox.
B1F030B7-CA9B-453C-87E3-CC5379C803A7.jpeg
B2E8AA77-7686-4304-809B-4956F23EDF99.jpeg
FEC2660D-18E5-43B4-801F-DE04A01D5042.jpeg

Definitely not low temperature corrosion!

What do Firrebird say? Ask them what they think of the nozzle selection and especially their thoughts on the 14 bar pump pressure.

Saw damage similar to this but not as bad where the circulation was wrong way round and had been for 8 years, boiler used to trip occasionally on its hi limit pstat.

Last edited:

What do Firrebird say? Ask them what they think of the nozzle selection and especially their thoughts on the 14 bar pump pressure.

Saw damage similar to this but not as bad where the circulation was wrong way round and had been for 8 years, boiler used to trip occasionally on its hi limit pstat.
I’m trying to get some answers out of firebird now to see what they have to say. Will let you know

I would say overfired

I'm not surprised your having difficulty getting answers from firebird.
In general I've found them to be evasive often useless.
Plus the minute boiler out of warranty they totally refuse to even talk to you.
Plus unfortunately you have a installer who to put it politely ain't up to speed.

H

Saw damage similar to this but not as bad where the circulation was wrong way round and had been for 8 years, boiler used to trip occasionally on its hi limit pstat
Have tried to get some answers from Firebird but no one is interested to answer questions.

Reply to What size boiler needed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock