Discuss what percentage of fitters own a powerflush machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
With a power flush adding minimum £150-250 to a boiler install and the time needed, I sometimes think i'm one of a few giving the system a full power flush. If your fitting a budget boiler with a one year guarantee why would you worry.
Before I had my own machine I used to hook the system up to the mains and blast it through. What do you think, is a power flusher really needed?

I have one and used it all the time up to a few years ago. Simply put if the system is heavily fouled I’ll flush it otherwise I do a hot flush with cleaner. With the advent of manga clean etc you can check it after and that should help protect the boiler.
It getting tougher to price boiler changes now with a power flush because it adds money and sadly the bloke down the pub will always fit it cheaper if you know what I mean!
Just use your duty of care and do what you’ve trained to do!

I bought a magnacleanse unit a while back and use it on most boiler swaps. works wonders. Although I haven't come across a very badly maintained system in years...mainly because I sway the customer into renewing rads and pipework if they are going from openvented to sealed.

I bought a magnacleanse unit a while back and use it on most boiler swaps. works wonders. Although I haven't come across a very badly maintained system in years...mainly because I sway the customer into renewing rads and pipework if they are going from openvented to sealed.
Powerflush a System after a magnacleanse and see what extra muck you get out.

Open vent to sealed upgrade for me next week Adey m3 in the system since friday and i have had the flushing unit on it for a hour whilst hot to agitat and dissolve any nasties in there it will be drained and flushed and done again before the new boiler cylinder ect is put into service. Cheers kop

If you like the MC3 mate. Wait till you try MC5. Unless you have already and using the 3 as it is a little lighter.

For systems of 10 rads, I allow an extra day to full flush before I even think about connecting any new kit to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what percentage of fitters own a powerflush machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock