Discuss What is the connector called to attach this p-trap to an equal tee? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is correct as well)

My waste pipe is 32mm and mounted in the floor. I will be mostly solvent welding

However when I look at the top of the p-trap, I have no idea what the name of the connector needed to attach the top of the p-trap with a section of pipe that will go into the tee.

I thought it might be a 32mm straight coupler, but it doesn't fit the top of the trap. I can only think it needs to be something like a threaded attachment to 32mm solvent pipe?

I've googled about every possible guess I can think of!

Attachments

• 93uOXpZ.jpeg
    93uOXpZ.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1000020822.jpg
    1000020822.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1000020824.jpg
    1000020824.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 1000020823.jpg
    1000020823.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 18
Hello @Ben-gee - thanks for your reply. No it's not a kitchen sink, it's a double basin for our ensuite. So the waste is 32mm in the floor.
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up (you mentioned basin and sink in first post, I know most people use them interchangeably but to plumbers they are specific and different!)

I would still put individual p-traps on each basin and then tee them together. Would add in an air admittance valve to stop gurgling of the other basin if necessary and there was room.

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up (you mentioned basin and sink in first post, I know most people use them interchangeably but to plumbers they are specific and different!)

I would still put individual p-traps on each basin and then tee them together. Would add in an air admittance valve to stop gurgling of the other basin if necessary and there was room.
Ha Ha @Ben-gee , I guess saying a "basin sink" is really unhelpful terminology 😂🤦‍♂️

Thanks for clarifying the double trap setup.

So yes, I was using an image of a double sink waste kit, and trying to apply this to a double basin. Where the sink waste kit I posted is concerned, is the single trap they use in this down to a cost aspect (i.e. making it cheaper), rather than a choice or what works best?

My other question is if I added a second trap and then teed them together, where does the AAV get placed in the setup? as I assume the base of the tee would naturally go straight down to the waste pipe in the floor? I know the trap I have has a small air valve but I have a dedicated one I may as well use now!)

many thanks everyone for the advice so far.

I think the rationale behind the kits is to save space in the cupboard. But the long horizontal section can lead to smells if deposits are left in it, and I personally think if the two p traps point backwards it can actually leave more usable space in the cupboard. I have this set up at home on my kitchen sink and it never blocks or gurgles (why on earth did I say that, it’ll probably explode now!)

I think the rationale behind the kits is to save space in the cupboard. But the long horizontal section can lead to smells if deposits are left in it, and I personally think if the two p traps point backwards it can actually leave more usable space in the cupboard. I have this set up at home on my kitchen sink and it never blocks or gurgles (why on earth did I say that, it’ll probably explode now!)
😂 heh heh. Ok thanks for explaining @Ben-gee. I have modified a cupboard to be the vanity unit under the basin (which is 800 wide) so there should easily be space for a dual trap.

I've ended up with this drawing based on @fowlerboi and @Ben-gee 's advice.

I added some 135 Deg elbows at the base as the waste is right next to the feeds, and I want to shift it across a bit to clear some space around the tap tails.

my only concern is the traps not reaching the basin wastes as I read the AAV needs to be 4" from the main waste pipe? I might have to extend the down pipes with the adaptor that @fowlerboi recommended.

1000020905.jpg

You can’t go to each side of the tee as one will be against the sweep.

Either use two tees, like your drawing, or use a single cross tee (has four connections) - if you use this then the aav can come off the top of it.

Reply to What is the connector called to attach this p-trap to an equal tee? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got this reducer FloPlast Overflow Waste Reducer White 32mm -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
I have a boss adapter to connect to my basin waste to soil branch but the I am trying to work out what connector I need on the boss itself to...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I bought a combo potty with basin from Bathroom republic via eBay and I'm about to set about fitting it. It was advertised as...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock