Discuss What is the connector called to attach this p-trap to an equal tee? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is correct as well)

My waste pipe is 32mm and mounted in the floor. I will be mostly solvent welding

However when I look at the top of the p-trap, I have no idea what the name of the connector needed to attach the top of the p-trap with a section of pipe that will go into the tee.

I thought it might be a 32mm straight coupler, but it doesn't fit the top of the trap. I can only think it needs to be something like a threaded attachment to 32mm solvent pipe?

I've googled about every possible guess I can think of!

Attachments

• 93uOXpZ.jpeg
    93uOXpZ.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1000020822.jpg
    1000020822.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1000020824.jpg
    1000020824.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 1000020823.jpg
    1000020823.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 18
The bit you're trying to attach something to fits to the basin. You then come out the horizontal section with a bit of 32mm pipe. Do the same for the other side and then using some fittings get them to meet into the tee ensuring that the swept tee faces the right way.

You've chosen an anti vac trap for your double basins which is a smart choice but 80% of the time they don't fit the basin. You may need to get an adjustable anti vac p trap instead

1705177218972.png

The bit you're trying to attach something to fits to the basin. You then come out the horizontal section with a bit of 32mm pipe. Do the same for the other side and then using some fittings get them to meet into the tee ensuring that the swept tee faces the right way.

You've chosen an anti vac trap for your double basins which is a smart choice but 80% of the time they don't fit the basin. You may need to get an adjustable anti vac p trap instead

View attachment 86546
hello @fowlerboi - thanks very much for your reply. Yes this makes sense, I'll explain how I thought I'd got around it, along with my drawing of what I "thought" was correct.

I had specced a mcalpine s29 female coupling that fits the sink waste into the tee. I was going to go to try to setup the drawing attached. The section from the trap to the downpipe wouldn't be this long in reality, it's just to show it without the diagram overlapping. Do you think a double trap is the way to go?

There was a fair amount of people on the Reddit thread saying a dual p-trap was a bad idea, hence why I thought the setup in the first picture was preferable. Perhaps there was no AAV in their setups. I'd have to find it to check.

Admittedly on my p-trap, there's a small AAV, so perhaps I don't need the one off the floor waste connection pipe? I was thinking about both basins draining and trying to prevent any pressure issues. Maybe that's overkill, but I was following that first setup I posted as my waste is in the floor.

For the H&C feed, I was going to put an isolation valve with a section up to a tee with a tap tail on each so it can feed the mixer on each sink.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• 1000020834.jpg
    1000020834.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1000020832.jpg
    1000020832.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 9
what you're after to go on the top of the trap is a polypipe ws47w

Choice is yours on how you do it but you're looking at reddit which is mostly used by Americans who are advising you on American plumbing practices. We don't worry so much about venting and inspection hatches for basin wastes, although it wont hurt to put them in

If you are talking about a kitchen sink?

The traps and waste pipes should be (1 1/2”) 40mm not 32mm.

If at all possible I like to put a p trap on each bowl, so two p traps in this case, and then join the pipes together later.

what you're after to go on the top of the trap is a polypipe ws47w

Choice is yours on how you do it but you're looking at reddit which is mostly used by Americans who are advising you on American plumbing practices. We don't worry so much about venting and inspection hatches for basin wastes, although it wont hurt to put them in
cheers @fowlerboi, absolute legend
cheers @fowlerboi, absolute legend 👍

Screwfix do a mcalpine-s31u-compression-bsp-connections-straight-connector-white-32mm-x-32mm

Is this one the same connection on the trap end, but with a compression rather than solvent weld (just looking for something I can use this weekend) find the sizings really confusing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113-232305~2.png
    Screenshot_20240113-232305~2.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 6
  • FloPlast-ABS-Male-Adaptor.jpg
    FloPlast-ABS-Male-Adaptor.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
If you are talking about a kitchen sink?

The traps and waste pipes should be (1 1/2”) 40mm not 32mm.

If at all possible I like to put a p trap on each bowl, so two p traps in this case, and then join the pipes together later.
Hello @Ben-gee - thanks for your reply. No it's not a kitchen sink, it's a double basin for our ensuite. So the waste is 32mm in the floor.

I found a few examples of 40mm double bowl kitchen sink plumbing as that's quite common, so I was basing my idea of of this complete setup that you can buy for that (obviously without the appliance spigot) but with 32mm pipe. Despite looking you don't seem to be able to purchase as a kit like this for 32mm / 1 1/4

Attachments

• 41k7tsE4zBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    41k7tsE4zBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 7

Reply to What is the connector called to attach this p-trap to an equal tee? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got this reducer FloPlast Overflow Waste Reducer White 32mm -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
I have a boss adapter to connect to my basin waste to soil branch but the I am trying to work out what connector I need on the boss itself to...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I bought a combo potty with basin from Bathroom republic via eBay and I'm about to set about fitting it. It was advertised as...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock