Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss what is involved in 1st fix on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bella100

hi everyone what exactly is first fix on new builds thanks in advance

Usually lots of botch work then doing a runner and hoping the builder doesn't twig.

We don't do new builds :)

On a serious note, I would imagine it's a lot easier and quicker as the annoying bits such as floors/ceilings etc aren't there yet.

Last edited:
First fix is the plumbing carcass. The pipes in ceiling voids rad drops and turn outs gas carcass etc putting all the pipework in ready to accept the rads, sanitary ware, boiler and cylinder etc

go in after sparkies, so you can cut their cables rather then them cutting your plastic pipework :)

we used to get better prices for 1st fix than second fix when on new build sites.

Must be joking, have you ever seen a spark run cables through joists in a straight line. They leave you with nowhere left to drill.

the only sparky you will find who could run a cable straight is a dead one, put bricks in his pockets attach the cable and push him in LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what is involved in 1st fix on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock