Search the forum,

Discuss What flush plate do I need for Roca Duplo 820mm Under Window frame in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Roca Duplo frame and a PL1 flush plate both purchased from the same supplier and the flush plate was the recommended one. The PL1 flush plate is much to big however. My frame number is the ROCA WC L 890120010 3/6 Litre. I have looked at other Roca frames of the same type and they have a much wider opening at the top suitable for the 250mm PL Flush Plate. The opening on this cistern is about 185mm to the inside edges.

The frame has been fitted and the inspection shaft/chamber provided with the frame seemed to be the right size ok it's just the correct Flush Plate which I need.

I have looked online but all the recommended plates seem to be to large? Can anyone suggest a flush plate that would be good for this frame/cistern?

The pictures attached show the frame cistern before it was fitted and the the fitted frame with the PL1 Flush Plate obviously too large.

I can provide more pictures if needed.

All advice appreciated :)

Thanks

N

Attachments

• ROCA Duplo cistern.jpg
    ROCA Duplo cistern.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Roca PL1 Flush Plate.jpg
    Roca PL1 Flush Plate.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 20
I have been back to the supplier. They said that was the recommended plate and they would get in touch with the supplier. That was 2 months ago and I still haven't had an answer so I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had a similar issue or can offer any advice. The frame has been fitted now, done so in the expectation that my supplier would get back to me quickly!

I'm not convinced that the "built in box" that has been fitted is the correct one for the frame/cistern. I appreciate it came with it though!
All photo's seem to show a wider box, and as far as I can see, the flush plate you have is the correct one for that Duplo frame. But I haven't found any drawings that show the dimensions of the correct box.

Does your fitted box have any fixing lugs at the bottom - can't quite see?

PS picture below shows box fitting at the front, but it also fits vertically as yours.

Attachments

• 40417B9C-7353-41D1-B057-FD74A9D59A8F.png
    40417B9C-7353-41D1-B057-FD74A9D59A8F.png
    906.9 KB · Views: 15
Norman, does this look like the built-in box that was supplied with your frame and cistern? (if you can remember what it looked like!)

After reading your comment about the size of the aperture in the cistern, and looking at the photo, I worry that you have maybe a compact cistern rather than the one that's normally supplied.
sorry about these mad theories - there's clearly something up here.

Last edited:
Not a solution, but it seems Roca call the built in box a "protection kit", so the box I would have expected to see with the frame is this (or something like it):

No sign of any dimensions I'm afraid. Your photo with the tape measure seems to indicate the hole in the cistern is about the right size, and with the above would accommodate your blue flush plate fixing (the plate itself being of course a fair bit bigger than the hole!)

It's obvious I've got too much time on my hands 🤪
Norman, the part number you quote seems to be superseded now on the Roca website. All the information there is for WC L 890121010. I don't know what the extra '1' indicates. There are still lots of the 890120010 advertised on the internet. I found a 'real life' picture of your model's components, which I believe has the same cistern as in your photo. Do you think it has the same in-wall box? Does your box have the lugs visible in opposite corners at the bottom for the fixing rods needed to attach the front?

Attachments

• 97EF3487-35A9-41FB-83E8-139E61B0515F.jpeg
    97EF3487-35A9-41FB-83E8-139E61B0515F.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 236633E0-981F-4C49-93F5-66EE3A145BD5.jpeg
    236633E0-981F-4C49-93F5-66EE3A145BD5.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm not convinced that the "built in box" that has been fitted is the correct one for the frame/cistern. I appreciate it came with it though!
All photo's seem to show a wider box, and as far as I can see, the flush plate you have is the correct one for that Duplo frame. But I haven't found any drawings that show the dimensions of the correct box.

Does your fitted box have any fixing lugs at the bottom - can't quite see?

PS picture below shows box fitting at the front, but it also fits vertically as yours.
I'm not convinced it is either tbh as everything else I have looked has a different tank "box". There are no lugs at the bottom of this box. When I got the frame originally I took it back as I thought it looked wrong. They brought another one out to compare and it was exactly the same so I thought oh it must be right then. As much as anything I'm interested now to find out why this frame tank is different to every other I see online but what I really need first is a plate that will fit the tank.

I'm not convinced it is either tbh as everything else I have looked has a different tank "box". There are no lugs at the bottom of this box. When I got the frame originally I took it back as I thought it looked wrong. They brought another one out to compare and it was exactly the same so I thought oh it must be right then. As much as anything I'm interested now to find out why this frame tank is different to every other I see online but what I really need first is a plate that will fit the tank.
Hi. Sorry for your problem.
If there are no lugs at the bottom of the current box, there's nothing to fix the front section of the box, or the fascia that clips on it. I cannot immediately see any solution that does not require bodgery of some sort. The flush valve with its red cable linkage is a Roca supplied part, but Roca (or in fact anyone else) don't seem to make any plate mechanism that will connect with that head, and fit the aperture you have, as far as I can see.
By the way, what is the size of that aperture you have?

If you can't get any satisfaction from your supplier, one option might be to buy a different flush valve combined with a complete button assembly (pneumatic or cable), and find or make a plate drilled to take it, to cover the existing hole.

Just to be clear, I don't believe there is an off-the-shelf solution to this, but happy to be proved wrong.

Last edited:

Reply to What flush plate do I need for Roca Duplo 820mm Under Window frame in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock