Search the forum,

Discuss What do you lot reckon???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gastec

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello all

Customer has noticed a small hair line crack which is dripping coming from a tank connector which i installed 9 months ago to feed a shower pump in airing cupboard. It has been leaking for a couple of weeks as there is a slight damp patch on ceiling.
They called a emergency plumbing company through there insurance to sort it out and they drained the tank and, understandably, told them they needed a new one. The engineer said it was down to the pull on the shower pump that has split the 50g titan round flexible tank.
The pipe is run in 22mm plastic and has 2 hinge clips securing it in airing cupboard.

From your experiences what is the chance of this happening

Hello all

Customer has noticed a small hair line crack which is dripping coming from a tank connector which i installed 9 months ago to feed a shower pump in airing cupboard. It has been leaking for a couple of weeks as there is a slight damp patch on ceiling.
They called a emergency plumbing company through there insurance to sort it out and they drained the tank and, understandably, told them they needed a new one. The engineer said it was down to the pull on the shower pump that has split the 50g titan round flexible tank.
The pipe is run in 22mm plastic and has 2 hinge clips securing it in airing cupboard.

From your experiences what is the chance of this happening
very unlikely,never had one split ever,what did you drill the tank with?

how did you cut the hole in the tank, it might have caused a split if you were a bit rough or used a blunt hole cutter. Problem being we are expected to warranty work for 12 months, so this one may come down to your insurance company, just let them know a deal with it from there, as the issue is a damp ceiling and they may claim gaud knows what for it.

29mm sharp hole saw. I have cut hundreds in over the years and never had one leak.

looks like youve been unlucky ,its why we carry insurance

how did you cut the hole in the tank, it might have caused a split if you were a bit rough or used a blunt hole cutter. Problem being we are expected to warranty work for 12 months, so this one may come down to your insurance company, just let them know a deal with it from there, as the issue is a damp ceiling and they may claim gaud knows what for it.

Thats the magic word their lp 'expected'

in this instance they expected 12 months but got one week :wink5:

Should have called you first not an emergency plumber.....warenty void.

Maybe the emergency plumber tried tightening something and caused it?

I don't think its worth going through my insurance, all it will just need is a coat of paint at the worst.
The tank was existing.

OR

Maybe the pipe has been kicked or knocked and they are trying for a new tank because the insurance company won't pay for one????

is the hair line 'crack' actually a scratch in the plastic? hard to tell in a dark loft.
the tank connector may only need a tweek!

frost damage?

up selling?

sue me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What do you lot reckon???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock