Search the forum,

Discuss What boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Goose

Got a possible replacement coming up and was after some suggestions for what to look at and what you guys like to fit and why.

iro 30kw, open vented, small enough to fit into kitchen cupboard if poss but probably not a deal breaker.
Any suggestions much appreciated.

For combis recently I have been either worcester, vaillant or ideal logic and system boilers usually worcester or vaillant. But not done an open vent one for a while now.
I was never a huge fan of the open vented small worcesters or vaillants but I see the vaillant has a newer design heat exchanger which is a different lay out and is aluminium. Are they any good?

viessmann

Generally only fit vaillants, but their open vent boiler is rubbish!
Can't you make it a sealed system? Or fit a plate heat exchanger to Keep the boiler sealed.

Baxi Eco Blue, small compact, easy to repair and cant remember if it as option of rear flue, and very very quiet

Logic plus for cupboard
CDI classic no cupboard

Thanks guys.

The logic plus looks similar inside to the combis. Are they a good bet?
I like them as a combi etc and have not seen any major issues with them.

The reason for not wanting to change to a sealed system is all the rads and valves are old cast iron school type rads and dont want to create a leak. Also steel pipework so not easy to alter if a rad did need changing.

Thanks guys.

The logic plus looks similar inside to the combis. Are they a good bet?
I like them as a combi etc and have not seen any major issues with them.

The reason for not wanting to change to a sealed system is all the rads and valves are old cast iron school type rads and dont want to create a leak. Also steel pipework so not easy to alter if a rad did need changing.

how much space as i would be putting a heat exchanger in esp with cast iron rads and steel pipework

how much space as i would be putting a heat exchanger in esp with cast iron rads and steel pipework

Do you mean a heat exchanger in the current boiler?
How much space for the boiler? Its a top kitchen cupboard size but could be altered to suit if that was the best solution.

Do you mean a heat exchanger in the current boiler?
How much space for the boiler? Its a top kitchen cupboard size but could be altered to suit if that was the best solution.

Have a look at plate heat exchangers that would be the best option then keep the rads ov and the new boiler pressurised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock