Search the forum,

Discuss Wet under floor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I am putting wet underfloor heating in my kitchen, it is 7m x 3m I have dug up the floor and bought 120mm insulation boards ready, my question is how thick must the concrete slab be and how thick does the top screed need to be so I know exactly how far down I need to go?

Also what’s the best single zone kits to go for?

Concrete slab ????

As for screed if your going with the old school method of cement around 60-70mm normally

Or liquid screed around 30-40mm

Depending on area it's normally around 3-4" you can get this thinner by reinforcing it

Don't forget about your dpc first tho

Your best option is to speak to your local building control as they will know your area and will be able to give you an exact depth

This will give you some idea Dale dont put any loops under where you have kitchen units , and as shaun said check with building control on insulation installation . cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-02-22-07-19-57.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet under floor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and screed floor. There is a gas servile pipe under the floor which enters the property below the joists at the front of the house and comes up under the...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’m currently in the process of refurbing my house, and have opted to wet UFH for the whole of the downstairs. The upstairs will be radiators. The flooring I’ve chosen is 14mm thick engineered wood and I just wanted to know the best way to do things. At current, the builder was...
Replies
Views
T
I have some internal water pipes (some plastic, some copper) that have to go under the kitchen floor. There is no way around having to do this. Rest of floor is concrete and pipes are currently in a trench (approx 5-6 cms deep, 4-5 cms wide). The trench will need to be concreted over before...
Replies
Views
TAGolko
T
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock