Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss West Yorkshire tiler looking to make contacts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rhyshughes78

Hi guys and gals,

I'm a tiler who has recently relocated to West Yorkshire from South Wales (got married and the Mrs didnt want to leave her family) and have unfortunately left the majority of my old contacts behind as its 240 miles away. I am trying really hard to get re-established but finding it hard with basically having no contacts. I have not got a vast amount of work on at the moment but would hope to be able to have plenty of bathroom fits/wetroom plumbing to pass off in the near future.

Would always be handy to get in with any local plumbers and show them my work also ;)

Hope thats not cheeky but could really do with getting things rolling. I am fully qualified (2 year course), time served and experienced in both commercial and domestic. I am efficient and work to a high standard and can provide refs and pictures on request.

If anyone hears of anything or would like a chat please dont hesitate to contact me on here.
Cheers, Rhys

Good luck in your new home Rhys.

I'd always take the number of a good experienced tiler in my area, so I'm sure you will make a few contacts soon enough.

Welcome to the forum too.

Cheers mate, I know that unfortunately its hard to find good tilers thanks to all the '1 day to be a tiler' courses so its quite hard to sell yourself without the word of mouth in a new area. I know that i got the majority of my work from either plumbers or builders in Cardiff so thats why i'm here!
Do you think there is a better section to post this in or does everyone tend to look on here?

Hiya Rhys. Where in south Wales you from?

Cheers mate, I know that unfortunately its hard to find good tilers thanks to all the '1 day to be a tiler' courses so its quite hard to sell yourself without the word of mouth in a new area. I know that i got the majority of my work from either plumbers or builders in Cardiff so thats why i'm here!
Do you think there is a better section to post this in or does everyone tend to look on here?

We have a similar problem with fast track plumbing courses!

This section will get seen by most of the regulars eventually. There is also a really busy tiling forum that's run by the same people as this one.

You may wish to look on there just to chew the cud with fellow tilers.

hi rhys welcome to the forums. as danny said we have a sister forum for tilers, if you look at the top of the page you will find a direct link to it.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Got my fingers crossed that someone in this area needs a tiling contact!

SimonJohns I was originally from Pontypridd but moved to leicester when I was a youngster and then back to wales when I was 18 - lived in and around Cardiff/Caerphilly for about 10 years before moving up here 3 years ago, have been employed in a perm job since then but missing the tiling too much so biting the bullet and trying to establish myself.

Cheers

Oh and thanks for the signpost to tilerforum, I am now a member on there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to West Yorkshire tiler looking to make contacts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock