Search the forum,

Discuss Weird heating system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Leethomp

Im just wondering if anyone can give me some advice as had 2 plumbers round and still getting same issue. Ive recently loved into a new house and the heating system is doing something weird. It had a new worcester bosch boiler a couple of years ago and heating system seems in good order. But.... When heating and hot water are on together the rads seem to only be warm and one sometimes doesn't heat up at all. Just the one... However as soon as hot water goes off all is well and rads go roasting hot . Ive looked at the motorised valve and it seems to be moving, but i don't know, maybe not enough... Any help would be appreciated . Thanks all

Might sound daft but first of all - are the valves open either side of the radiator that's not heating up?

Sounds like the cylinder is taking all the flow / heat so best to stagger the hw / heating times turn the hot water on a couple of hours before the heating is set to come on

Is there anyway to correct this ??
Is there anyway to correct this ??
1. Turn up the pump pressure, if it has a three position switch, or else use a pump with higher pump head pressure.
2. Introduce a balance valve in the HW cylinder flow. These are likely 22mm pipes, which present a much lower resistance to flow than the CH 15mm, and especially the CH 10mm microbore.
3. Ensure the three position valve is correctly wired to receive a HW satisfied voltage from the HW cylinder stat normally closed to the valve grey wire, which will at least close the HW branch of the valve when the cylinder stat is satisfied, even if your HW timer output is live.
4. Introduce priority CH which only allows HW to occur when CH is satisfied by linking the grey valve wire to the CH call for heat after the CH thermostat, the white wire This will change the CH call from moving the valve to midpoint to moving it to CH only. HW heating will resume during the off cycles of CH if a HW timing event is on.

Reply to Weird heating system in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock