Discuss WB heat cells cleaning tools... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Do you guys actually use these? Or just use the brushes you have on van. I see the junior has a baffle removal tool, can you get these out without it? It says in the manual that the baffles do get stuck and so you will need this tool. Not cheap at £27 though

Baffles will come out normally, though its not fun if the boiler is hot!

I tend to use a stiff bristled flue brush and loads of water to rinse through.

cheers for the advice. This boiler is 5 yrs old and if the fan pressure is within range, would you still service the cell

They are a horrid job even if they are a little warm as the inner cell is still really toasty. I've always managed to reach them by hand.

if fan pressure is in range then I probably wouldn't worry too much about it if you do make sure you've got the gaskets to put it all back

They are a horrid job even if they are a little warm as the inner cell is still really toasty. I've always managed to reach them by hand.

if fan pressure is in range then I probably wouldn't worry too much about it if you do make sure you've got the gaskets to put it all back

When you say Gaskets, do you mean Gasket? Just the one that goes from fan to cell?

joint = gasket here :)

Electrodes only if needed, carry them on the van, as the detection electrode seems to get burnt away fairly rapidly (same with cdi)

They're pretty much the same electrode and gasket set aren't they?
on the round hex(commonly called the kebab)yes,same gaskets and electrodes,on the square wb5 hex though different electrodes and a bit easier to service,gasket not normally needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WB heat cells cleaning tools... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock