Discuss Waterproofing shower/ bath walls in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

1500 x 700 low profile tray on solid floor. Newly plastered walls.
What system do you recommend to waterproof the walls ?
Any recommendations for the Topps matting or a roll on type ?
Will the walls need priming 1st ?

Any help is appreciated.

What sub surface is the plaster on ....not plasterboard I hope it will swell and force off the tiles. The best way is proper non absorbent wall board which can be tiled directly. Then you need to sort out the interface between the shower tray or bath properly. When carried out well it can remain good for years.
I have some holiday lets in Cornwall each done this way ...and remember these customers really bash the installs...no problems now after 10 years from the oldest one. Mind you no plastic baths ..pressed steel, no plastic shower trays either as they move around too much whatever you do.
Centralheatking

Reply to Waterproofing shower/ bath walls in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon. The current door & tray is in a recess, which...
Replies
Views
I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon. The current door & tray is in a recess, which...
Replies
Views
I have a Neo-Angle shower tray, … imagine an oblong with corner cut at 45 degree It’s 1.2m x 0.9m The ‘Roman’ shower door has failed, the only...
Replies
Views
Hi im just starting new shower in our new extension. Its a concealed thermostatic mixer from victorian plumb, no instructions. Im putting the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock