Search the forum,

Discuss Water softener query in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I’m looking into getting a water softener at home. Nearly all install guides show the bypass and waste going through a wall to outside. In my situation this isn’t possible. Can these both be drained away in the same manner that the washing machine / dishwasher do? I did read about potential blockage and the waste backing up into the softener - but I’m guessing there’s a solution for that?

many thanks for any advice.

For the brine regeneration you can use a self cutting waste kit. as the outflow is under pressure. However you need some sort of visual check for a problem with the brine level in your softener overflowing and going out to waste. This rarely happens but is usually an indication that a valve or gasket inside the softener needs replacing. Ideally needs to go outside, just in case!
A recommendation is to go for a twin salt block softener. They are more expensive, but in the long run (20 years or more) you will find they are a good long term investment.

Reply to Water softener query in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock