Discuss Water meter burst geyser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
think i get the issue now, water meter has a non return valve, as did the prv fitted originally, and the water heater has burst, was the heater relying on expansion within the cold water feed rather than using an expansion vessel and pressure relief valve. Hence the insurance companies get out of jail card if that was the case, seeing as you were the last to fit on an already poorly designed system.

All the water heaters are installed inside the ceiling, which is far from the water meter
This is what the installation look like

There are 83 meters installed and 1 is to blame????

Pressure reducing valve regulates how much pressure is available in the line. Water line from the city may have 100 lbs. in it but there is a reducing valve right inside the house so that the pipes in the house only get 40 lbs. in them.

brum re post 11, the op is from South Africa.

Didn't realizing he was posting from south Africa,Ive got a neighbor who is dutch but shes not in Holland I mis interpreted thought he was here..brum

Only that we wouldn't be familiar with the regs down there. We can advise you on the nuts and bolts elements but thats about it mate.

Is there a problem if I'm asking from South Africa?

none at all my friend I misread that's all, water metering in uk is governed by local water authorities who actually own the meters and designate installer (usually a subsidiary company of theirs) thought you were in uk ..and they are fitted free to householder/tenant..brum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water meter burst geyser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back