Discuss Water fountain drain - Storm or foul? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AdyP

Does a drain from a water fountain have to go into a foul drain or can it go to a storm drain? It's a fountain with a bubbler/carafe filler and was going into a storm drain but we've been told it shouldn't.
Thanks in advance for you assistance.

i cant see why it cant go in rainwater unlikley any ones going to add any chemicals or soap our shool playground ones used to go straight on the floor

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to think the regulations state that no foul water must enter the surface water drain rather than detailing specific appliances, so as long as you can achieve this you are OK. The only issue I can see is the chlorination of the tap water but don't know if this is relevant or not.

foul drain i think, it's technically potentially contaminated so i'd have thought it should not go into the rainwater drain.

Can go into surface water if there's no chance of contamination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water fountain drain - Storm or foul? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got a replacement combination boiler, less that 1 year old. Noticed some water from the connection pictured. Can't see what is it from the...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock