Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Water continuously running in to pan on wc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys,

Was supposed to be going to a job this morning to repair a toilet where water keeps running in to the pan.

I have seen this a few times but my minds gone blank. If it's a push button siphon then it's usually because the rubber seal has wear and tear on it and it's straight forward to replace usually.

What if it's not a push button and this is happening? Could it be the fill valve is not shutting off correctly or is it only usually a faulty siphon that causes this?

Thanks

If it's a syphon with internal o/f then the ball valve could be letting by, it will all come back to you when you get their mate.

Hi guys,

Was supposed to be going to a job this morning to repair a toilet where water keeps running in to the pan.

I have seen this a few times but my minds gone blank. If it's a push button siphon then it's usually because the rubber seal has wear and tear on it and it's straight forward to replace usually.

What if it's not a push button and this is happening? Could it be the fill valve is not shutting off correctly or is it only usually a faulty siphon that causes this?

Thanks

Yeah your pretty much right on both of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water continuously running in to pan on wc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I am just about to move into a new build property. I took the water meter readings and they read 000000,620 I had a look around the...
Replies
Views
All, We have an old soil pipe stack which has an inner diameter of 90mm. I presume it is a pitch fibre soil pipe (it's not cast iron). I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, just joined to ask this question as although it’s nothing major it’s doing my head in a bit! We have moved into a house with a loft...
Replies
Views
I am having a real problem with a leak that commenced a couple of months back re my folk’s WC. It is a straightforward Armitage Shanks low-level...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock