Discuss Water Circulator Pump Bust After Only 1 Year! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, we have a water circulation pump to bring hot water from our woodburning stove and send it to a thermal accumulator tank. We've just started our second season and it's broken. I thought these were meant to last 10 - 15 years?

We don't have a domestic water supply - we use water from our own well which is filtered through a separate pump and stored in a storage tank for domestic water use. Is it possible that the "untreated" water could be the cause of the problem? At 300 quid per pump, I don't expect it to break each year!

Perhaps I should have drained the system over the summer so that water wasn't sat in the pump - could this be the root cause?

Photo of the pump in situ, and the part that broke, are below.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231031_182401.jpg
    IMG_20231031_182401.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20231104_120845.jpg
    IMG_20231104_120845.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 19
Also £300 per pump not a chance

Pumps arnt rated really for solid fuel temps

Would recommend a steel impella

As Simon has hinted, this should be done by gravity really. Get someone in to look at your set up, someone who knows what they’re doing.

Reply to Water Circulator Pump Bust After Only 1 Year! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock