Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Watchman on metal tank. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixServices

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys I don't do oil as of yet. Looking to get into it this year sometime when I've got a moment to do oftec and find someone to shadow.
Anyway, been asked to fit a watchman to a metal tank is it just a case of drilling a hole and screwing holes then fitting as per normal? Can't see anything in the instructions really.

I have not seen one on a metal tank unless bunded.

isn't there a screw on type to go on the fill cap?

Beware as they often don't work on metal tanks due to the signal bouncing off the bracings. If you decide to put one on, make sure you don't site it directly above a bracing rod or it will give duff readings!

There is another brand which goes on the cap I think.

cheers guys. i think the tank is going to be moved away from the road now anyway so a new bunded plastic tank going in. going to do it with a friend who does oil and tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Watchman on metal tank. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock