Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss watchdog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fencehouses

DIYers, odd job people and have a go heroes need not apply.

nice to see the "closed shop " is alive and well .

It does seem like a bit of a closed shop, but without it people would get hurt, or killed, and/or property damaged, if you were given advice here and got yourself killed, who would get the blame?

DIYers, odd job people and have a go heroes need not apply.

nice to see the "closed shop " is alive and well .
do you want a free permanent holiday from these forums?we do this for a reason its called safety if you dont like the rules leave

It is a gas appliance, it is illegal even to remove the cover

its a water leak nothing to do with the gas side .
but you have already removed the combustion door to find that out get a gsr in you tight sod,you could cock it right up putting the door back,send the fga readings off the scale and cause the flue to melt all because you think you know what your doing

Even a waterleak repair can disturb gas fittings and gasket seals.

the issue is you dont have the competence to know what you can cause or how to fix it or even test it.

thats why we part with thousends of pounds a year on training alone.

I isolated the electrics before I removed the cover I would not dream of touching the GAS side of things .Its a water leak .

thats it, patience run out,forum rules ignored,permanant holiday from these forums won

They will get their "advice " elsewhere. Best to leave them to it. Ideally we should ignore them until their post count is at least 10. I know you can boost your count in many ways but at least by 10 they may have contributed enough or at least proved decent lurking. I know this is a can of worms but we are a plumbers forum and as I see it providing support for plumbers actively working in the field. That we give advice to others is good but we do not want to become another "screwfix/DIYnotcom" type forum.

Newby heads back into the shadows........BTW stuff must have gone from the OP's post otherwise the Mods have superpowers that cannot be imagined as i could not see where this started out. I like to imagine they do......

They will get their "advice " elsewhere. Best to leave them to it. Ideally we should ignore them until their post count is at least 10. I know you can boost your count in many ways but at least by 10 they may have contributed enough or at least proved decent lurking. I know this is a can of worms but we are a plumbers forum and as I see it providing support for plumbers actively working in the field. That we give advice to others is good but we do not want to become another "screwfix/DIYnotcom" type forum.

Newby heads back into the shadows........BTW stuff must have gone from the OP's post otherwise the Mods have superpowers that cannot be imagined as i could not see where this started out. I like to imagine they do......

Started on a different thread with his boiler leaking. Took the hump at being told to get a gsr in.

I missed this one. Tube was having a pop at me.

Cheers Mark, I would've binned him if you hadn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to watchdog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock