Discuss Washing machine waste comes up kitchen sink?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

As rpm said take it apart and clean the trap and also the pipe that runs left towards the waste. Put some towels down but you'll catch most of it in a bucket. They are compression fittings and undo easily.

Hi WC1. I appreciate the sentiment but it's too far gone for that. Even if I clean it in that way:
  1. It will still quickly get the bacteria again because the person who uses the washing machine refuses to wash clothes like underwear at proper temperatures (because they mix all clothes together) so what's output is infested with germs.
  2. The drain doesn't go down it goes up so you end up with a constant pool of waste right under the sink.
  3. I would not get permission to even attempt to clean it myself and it's better I don't since my immune system, etc. is sensitive.

I had exactly the same problem. Fixed it by replumbing the waste system with push fit pipe and added an additional waste pipe into the system after the sink u bend. On this pipe I put its own u bend and fitted the dishwasher and washing machine waste. The smell has gone as it can't get past the sink u bend.

Reply to Washing machine waste comes up kitchen sink?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back