Discuss Washing machine needs removing, but is stuck! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mewcenary

Hi all,

We've got a washing machine that needs replacing. However, a previous owner (in their wisdom) made modifications to the extension where the white goods reside so they seemingly can't physically be removed from it now. I.e. they resized it to put in a downstairs bathroom with the end result that nothing is getting out again!

Photos below.

1. The small doorway is only about 56cm max so it's not going through that.

2. The window is perhaps big enough to put a small microwave through, if you were lucky.

Help?!
IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

Welcome along. Don't you just love the forward planning of some people. If it ain't going out on any angle then I'm afraid you only have two options really

Widen the doorway

Or

Beat the snot out of the washing machine until it's in pieces.

Although neither are ideal I assume that you are wanting to put a new machine in so widening the door way seems the only option

How deep is the washing machine?
Might come out sideways

How wide and high is the window frame may need a builder/glazier to remove the whole thing bit extreme but may work....regards Turnpin:mad2:

Have you measured the depth of the washing machine?

You might find it will fit that way.

They're generally not as deep as wide.

I know this maybe one hell of a stupid question but do you know the depth of the washing machine ? there is one available now that is only 500 ish deep or maybe less , one of my customers has one, just brilliant in a tight space .
Othersise a 9'' grinder should do it

Seen an en-suite bathroom so badly planned that the only way to get the close coupled toilet pan out was to remove the cistern first.

At least they could've fitted a Miele rather than a Hoover before making the doorway smaller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine needs removing, but is stuck! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed...
Replies
Views
My clothes washing machine drain pipe overflowed water when the machine was emptying, so I augered the pipe over 15 feet and I even had a plumber...
Replies
Views
I rent an apartment in Santiago, Chile where the water is very hard. For the last few years, I've been using the building's laundry on the ground...
Replies
Views
Hi, For quite some time now I've been getting quite bad sewage type smells after using my washing machine. I also get water coming up through the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock