Discuss Washine machine hoses leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julieelliott

Hi Hope you can help me.

I have had a new kitchen installed and it seems that all the water connectors are fast fit!! my cold water valve for my washing machine is running along the floor and when I try to connect hoses and turn valve to on it just spurts water everywhere. it comes out with such force that I just have to turn off straighaway. I have new hoses that have washers in them but this makes no difference either. Help !!

could be blockage or washer not sitting properly on the valve. is it leaking at the washing machine end or valve connection?

Hi Hope you can help me.

I have had a new kitchen installed and it seems that all the water connectors are fast fit!! my cold water valve for my washing machine is running along the floor and when I try to connect hoses and turn valve to on it just spurts water everywhere. it comes out with such force that I just have to turn off straighaway. I have new hoses that have washers in them but this makes no difference either. Help !!

Hi thanks for reply. Its literally pouring out . New hose with washer screws on to valve with blue on off swivel and its just spurting from hose as soon as i swivel valve to open, washine machine is ok as far as I can see. The water is coming out so quick as if its under too much pressure!

I am with Galaxy on this one, the hose & washer are not sitting tight against the valve or machine. It needs to be tighten until the hose coming out of the nut does not move, you could try turning the hose around the other way to see if it helps, the bent end normally goes on the washing machine.

I am with Galaxy on this one, the hose & washer are not sitting tight against the valve or machine. It needs to be tighten until the hose coming out of the nut does not move, you could try turning the hose around the other way to see if it helps, the bent end normally goes on the washing machine.

Yep deffo sounds like the washing machine hose is not tight enough, but if it's fitted with speedfit it will just spin when you try to tighten it up.....get the "plumber" who installed the kitchen back round is my best advice and let them have the problem, if they won't I think it sounds like it needs doing up a bit more but be carefull as those plastic threads are easy to cross thread.....:8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washine machine hoses leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock