Discuss Washer pumping out, level in sink rises and overflows ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
As the title, McAlpine waste under a one and a half bowl sink with one spigot for washing machine. If the sink is full of water and the washing machine drains, the level of water in the sink rises and overflows all over the kitchen floor. Waste trap, overflow pipe, and all pipework has been tested and is clear. Machine has been there for years, no pipework changes or anything recently and it's only just started happening recently.

Any thoughts ???

then you have a blockage somewhere if nothing has changed, strip out the pipework that comes apart and clear out all the grease build up you find.

then you have a blockage somewhere if nothing has changed, strip out the pipework that comes apart and clear out all the grease build up you find.

Done it LP, stripped out the waste, the overflow, the pipework right back to the drain outside is all clear. Fill the sink to the top and take the plug out it drains really well. Have removed the washing machine spigot and checked the washing machine hose, all clear. I'm flummoxed as they say !!!

dont leave the sink full then when using the washing machine.

Is the pipe work air locking, blocked overflow or main vent on the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washer pumping out, level in sink rises and overflows ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock