Search the forum,

Discuss Warmflow B70 he condensing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had a warmflow b70he 21kw oil fueled installed. I haven't had a condensing boiler before so please excuse the possible stupid questions.

I was under impression that when the heating is on you shouldn't here the boiler firing and there shouldn't be an almost continual flume of vapour out of the flue? That they should be maybe intermittent as these things are supposed to be more efficient?

Because at the moment it runs for about 10 mins, stops for 1-2 mins the fires up again. It will be like this all night. The old Reillo I had that the previous owner had never serviced and was in a bad state didn't even run as much.

The rads all have tvrs, there upstairs and downstairs thermostat set to 16 and 21 respectively.

5 double rads, 4 singles and 3 tiny singles in the ensuites/laundry.
All tvrs are set to 3, except the living room thermostat at 5 and bathroom at 4. The micro rads set at 2.

If anyone can reassure me that it sounds perfectly normal? The house actually feels colder than with the old boiler and I'm a bit reluctant to put thermostat up at the moment when it sounds like it's already firing constantly as it is.
Is it possible that this boiler isn't enough for the rads required?

The b70 appears to have a output of 18kw, A cycle time of, (10+2), 12 minutes indicates that the boiler is outputting 15.0kw, if the old boiler had the same (18kw) output then the cycling time should have been the same if the heating demand was the same.
The vapour plume shows that it is partially condensing at least (quite normal), you will hear any boiler when its firing, some are quieter than others.

It’s a fixed rate burner so it’s output is the same every second. You will get cycling at the boiler on days that aren’t design temperature. Perhaps the new boiler is over sized or the old one undersized?
Water vapour is transparent but reflects light which gives it a whitish colour. This is a sign the boiler is condensing to a degree.

Bit difficult to comment accurately without knowing radiator heat load I assume boiler feeds a hot water cylinder as well?
From memory your boiler is set mid range at factory just below 18kw but if re jetted to a 0.6 can be set to 21kw

Guys think of the first law of thermodynamics. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only transferred or transformed. If a boiler is cycling it is because it’s outputting more energy than the system can displace.

Reply to Warmflow B70 he condensing in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry to hijack the thread, but im new to these forums and upon searching for some answers to my below question i come across this thread. I have a vaillant 637 system boiler which is located in my loft eaves and has a hot water tank (180L) connected to it which is next to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock