Discuss Vokera Unica 36HE Boiler coming on and heating Rads when it shouldn't. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johntin

Boiler is a Vokera Unica 36HE, possibly fitted approx 5years ago.
Thermostat is a Salus RT500RF, fitted at the same time asthe boiler.
The boiler works fine when just on hot water only. The problem is when it is on heating and hot water.
On occasions the boiler fires up and starts to heat theradiators, this can be at anytime throughout the day or night.
The thermostat is right down so the boiler should not come on, normally you can see an image of a flame on the thermostat when it is telling the boiler to work. This is not on so I believe the thermostat is not telling the boiler to heat the radiators. It can then heat the radiators very hot over a long period or just come on for a few minutes then go off with the rads only slightly warm; there is no set pattern or time.

I am assuming that some sensor is telling the boiler to fire up although i am no expert and that is why i am asking for help.
Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Could be a neighbough with a wireless room stat, try changing the jumper pins on the back of the room stat and the receiver. Had this with a customer the other week changed jumpers and all ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Unica 36HE Boiler coming on and heating Rads when it shouldn't. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I hope some one can help. I have a condensing oil burner and it runs fine but the radiators don't heat. Heats the hot water fine. The pump...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock