Discuss Vokera Options Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tm plumbing

Hi, I,ve been called to a property complaining their heating and hot water is heating but not hot enough. Am i right in thinking these boilers have three different temperature settings which can be altered by removing the on/off selector and adjusting to suit. ??(as there is no temp setting on boiler face at all) The boiler seems to be shutting off too early as if it has reached temperature, pump etc all working fine, although hot water mode temp fluctuates irregularly on/off/on etc. Any ideas ?? The customer has dowloaded a set of MI for me, but would be good to know if anyone has previous knowledge of these before i attend again.

Thanks

Trev TM Plumbing

Hi Trev, no actual experience with this boiler, just looked at Mi's. Symptoms sound familiar though. I'd be guessing at the boiler shutting down either reaching to high a temp, o/heat, or there's a sensor fault shutting down the boiler prematurely. I'd check that the h/w potentiometer is up to max and have a thermometer handy to check h/w temp! obviously listening to the boiler for o/heating when running yeh? There are a few things to give hot-cold-hot .... Sorry I can't be of any more use without more info.. :bucktooth:

Hi,1st check your gas pressures,working max & min. 10 & 1.5mb.
The min setting is important, as have had vokera boilers with zero or very little pressure, therefore burner goes out & delay before lighting.
If ok, worth checking or replacing the thermista's
Haven't had to adjust the heating temp pot, but worth a try if rads struggling & sure system is balanced, but do after working pressures & dhw working fine.

Hi Trev, no actual experience with this boiler, just looked at Mi's. Symptoms sound familiar though. I'd be guessing at the boiler shutting down either reaching to high a temp, o/heat, or there's a sensor fault shutting down the boiler prematurely. I'd check that the h/w potentiometer is up to max and have a thermometer handy to check h/w temp! obviously listening to the boiler for o/heating when running yeh? There are a few things to give hot-cold-hot .... Sorry I can't be of any more use without more info.. :bucktooth:

Cheers Diamond, i,m sure the potentiometer has three settings, i will see what its set to tomorrow, and adjust if necessary.

Trev

Hi,1st check your gas pressures,working max & min. 10 & 1.5mb.
The min setting is important, as have had vokera boilers with zero or very little pressure, therefore burner goes out & delay before lighting.
If ok, worth checking or replacing the thermista's
Haven't had to adjust the heating temp pot, but worth a try if rads struggling & sure system is balanced, but do after working pressures & dhw working fine.

Thanks aggis, i will put the FGA on it tomorrow and see what its set at. That could be a good shout tho, i will need to see MI to set it correctly.(somewhere around 5.2mbar -heating is my guess)will see what it states.

Trev

Thanks D is hot water adjuster located behind dial also ?? or is it combined.

It's in the same place tm? Vokera website has a good history of MI's available to download, as I said I'm not familiar with this boiler but it shows the potentiometers behind the control knob!

It's in the same place tm? Vokera website has a good history of MI's available to download, as I said I'm not familiar with this boiler but it shows the potentiometers behind the control knob!

Thanks appreciate your help.

Trev

Just a quick update on this, It was indeed the potentiometer needing to be altered to setting 3, & the minimum burner pressure was way high at 4mb. So reduced this to 1.5mb and increased the potentiometer to setting 3, boiler now stays on in HW mode to 60*c, & heating now reaching a lofty 80*c.
Thanks for the info guys much app.

Trev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera Options Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock