Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vokera linea24 replace expansion vessel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, any one hot experience in replacing the expansion vessel on a vokera linea ? It has to be a striaght swap. Experience and thoughts appreciated.

stuff the vokera exp. just get a cheap one from BES plumb it in nearby. and off you go
I not even sure if you need to be gsr for this but really with the lolly I have saved you get one of us in anyway. Rob Foster
aka centralheatking

Here you go.

Screenshot_20190122-194134.png

Rob foster may have a point, an expansion on a linea is behind and against the wall, if it has a standard flue exiting the rear, then you’ll have to remove the flue and that’s where the problems may start. It maybe well pointed up, so may need smashing out..... then it’s new flue time.

Your call bud

Did one Last week. Took an hour. You need access to the rear, from the top. 2 pozi screws hold the retaining bracket.
Disconnect the pipe at the bottom and will pull out.
To be fair the one I did had a side flue, so had full accessibility.
Top tip. Cap off the vessel with a 1/2inch female cap to prevent the water left in the vessel going everywhere when you pull it out.

Reply to Vokera linea24 replace expansion vessel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. Can this hose be removed without taking the vessel out? Is there a specific tool that makes it doable?? Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi How simple is it to replace the expansion vessel hose? Do I simply turn the boiler off, drain the boiler and swap hoses, using some PTFE tape?
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a Vokera Excel 29 gas boiler which is losing pressure. I need to drain the boiler in order to repressurise the expansion vessel...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, We have a leak in the expansion vessel, which is on the first floor, above the hot water cylinder. As we wait for a plumber, can we keep the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock