Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera linea 28 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kne11y

Went to check out vokera linea 28 today the boiler fires up stays lit for no more than 10 seconds and goes out in both ch and dhw modes Has anyone come across this fault Boiler goes red and code 01 is displayed but this code is failure to ignite and the boiler does ignite it just does not stay lit. Thought at first it would be flame rectification but checked this and that dont seem to be the issue. Any help appreciated Neil.

Check the wiring is right and the earth points. If not I'd say it was an earth fault on the board, but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't come across this on a Linea before.

Apparently a new board was put into this boiler and fault still occured.

Which board though, I think there's 3! Check there's no voltage going down your earth and the live and neutral are wired right. Have you rung technical? They're a bit useless at Vokera though tbh.

01: Failure to ignite; To re-set turn mode selector switch to re-set position
for approximately 10 seconds, then back to original position.

If during the ignition attempt period (10 secs approx.) the boiler fails to light, the ignition
control circuit will go to lockout. This is indicated by the status LED flashing red accompanied
by a flashing error code 01 shown in the temperature indicator. The gas valve is de-energised,
but leaves the fan and pump running for approximately 2 minutes after lockout.
In the event of the boiler going to lockout turn the mode selector switch to the reset position
for approximately 10 seconds, then back to the original position. The two main causes of
the boiler going to lockout during commissioning are electrical supply polarity reversed, or air in
the gas supply. Check polarity and that the gas supply is completely purged of air, and that
gas is reaching the boiler, then repeat.
A. Checking Burner Pressures
The pressure reading for maximum rate should be for the linea 28 (N/G) 10.1mbar (plus or minus 1.0mbar)
If the pressure is wrong it should be adjusted whenever the maximum rate is adjusted, check and adjust
the minimum rate too)
B. Reduce the domestic water flow rate to approx. 3-4 litres/min, turn the domestic control knob
slowly to minimum. The boiler output will reduce to the minimum setting. If low flame
cannot be established in this way, turn off the electricity supply and remove one of the grey
wires connecting to the modulator coil on the front of the gas valve. Switch on the electricity
supply. The boiler will now light at the minimum setting. When low flame is established, the pressure
reading should be for the linea 28 (N/G) 1.3mbar (plus or minus 0.13mbar)
If it is different adjustment should be made in accordance with the instructions.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera linea 28 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but when/if it resets. the burner will refire without any boiler reset? If this fault code is up while in CH mode and there is a demand for HW, will the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
S
Morning and thanks for letting me join the group. I'm having a problem with my Intergas 28/24 boiler. The boiler will fire up first time , reach the set temperature then switch off. When the temp drops and the boiler fires back up it won't restart and goes to fault code 4. I've taken the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water and central heating. When it operates it takes anything from one to several attempts to light and when it takes too many the lockout circuit is...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock