Discuss Vokera 15 vhe Boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

You can check the pump overrun any time (maybe first) just start the boiler on either HW or CH, then shut it down after a few minutes and see if pump runs on for a few minutes, if not, that should be addressed.

You can check the pump overrun any time (maybe first) just start the boiler on either HW or CH, then shut it down after a few minutes and see if pump runs on for a few minutes, if not, that should be addressed.
Hi,

Heating has been on for 2hrs.
Rooms have hit temperature and the heating has now switched off.

Both pipes either side of the ABV are hot
Pump cut straight off with heating.

Pump is probably wired incorrectly Matt, it should be wired directly from the boiler which should supply the overrun period, it's probably wired fom the zone valves auxiliary contacts that tell the boiler to fire when any one zone valve is open.

Pump is probably wired incorrectly Matt, it should be wired directly from the boiler which should supply the overrun period, it's probably wired fom the zone valves auxiliary contacts that tell the boiler to fire when any one zone valve is open.
Ok thanks for your help.
Big/costly job to put right or easy fix?

Probably a few hours work but check first that your boiler has the overrun.
Hi Mate,

So I'm having a bit of trouble getting somone to do this job.
I have tried getting a couple of quotes over the weekend but none seems interested in actually running the cable.
The boiler is downstairs in the kitchen and the pump is up stairs in the bathroom. (Opposite ends of the house) probably not worth their time.

I have measured up and I'm looking at around 20m of cable.

I might have a go at running the cable myself and then getting a sparky in to connect up.

What size cable should I be buying?
1mm 3 core good enough?
Would it need to be heat resistant cable or anything special?

Thanks

I have measured up and I'm looking at around 20m of cable.
Assuming permanent live mains is available where the pump is, there is a 'radio' link option that could avoid the hassle of having to run a cable. Here's an example - it costs about £100, so you might prefer hard wiring!

Assuming permanent live mains is available where the pump is, there is a 'radio' link option that could avoid the hassle of having to run a cable. Here's an example - it costs about £100, so you might prefer hard wiring!

Thanks for posting this.

looks like a much better solution.
👍

Reply to Vokera 15 vhe Boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock