Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Viessmann 100-W B1KA Fuel Consumption in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I have a Vitodens 100-W B1KA Combi boiler installed in a new build. In the first 4 months of use the boiler has burned on average 500 litres/month. Not sure what I was expecting but that seems high. Any dieas of what I can do to improve it? I've eliminated any ramping by keeping the zone settings consistent. I've also adjusted the heat curve down to 0.6 - to reduce the max water temperature.

The boiler is heating 2 concrete floors (basement and main level), approximately 2200 sq ft in total. The basement is ICF construction (approximately R-40), with 3.5" of EPS foam under slab (no windows or door). The main level walls and roof are SIP construction (apprx R-50). Windows all triple pain - as best as I can do - can't afford those Euro tilt/turn high efficiency types :).

I have the same combi boiler (from 2017) with an underfloor heating on a concrete screed only (no radiators) and domestic hot water. 1300sq ft. Mild winter uses around 8-10m3 of natural gas per day.

Not a whole lot of difference in actual consumptions, 500 lires of LPG contains = 3550 kwh. cons/day ~ 118kwh. Natgas 10M3/day=~110kwh. but BC house is twice the size.

Reply to Viessmann 100-W B1KA Fuel Consumption in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock