Search the forum,

Discuss Viessman vs Vaillant and Honeywell vs Tado vs Hive in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am trying to help my dad decide with a boiler replacement, can't decide between Vaillant Ecotec Pro 30kw or Viessmann Vitodens 100 30kw. The boiler will be going in the exact same spot as before.

Both will have a system cleanse, inhibitor and magnetic filter (I am not sure which brand or could be from the manufacturers)

The Vaillant has 10yr warranty and the Viessmann comes with 5 but you can pay an extra £120 to make it 10yr.

The Vaillant is slightly cheaper by about £150 (thats compared to the viessmann with a 5yr warranty)

So is the Viessmann a better boiler and worth the extra £270 ?

As to the controls can't decide between Honeywell, tado or Hive - they are pretty much all about £150.

Any advice on how to decide which way to go will be helpful.

From my very limited experience of boilers, I like the Vitodens. It has a nice internal layout that would seem to be easier to work on than many boilers. As I've never seen an Ecotec without a cover, I cannot compare the two, however.

Out of the 2 I’ve only worked on the EcoTEC pro, decent enough boiler, easy to work on and change parts - which I believe are cheaper than Viessmann. Opentherm or ebus (certainly on Vaillant) would help with modulation, thus saving on heating bills.

Reply to Viessman vs Vaillant and Honeywell vs Tado vs Hive in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock