Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vibration with cylinder installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin68

Hello All,

Recently fitted a 'slim' Gledhill vented to a custs house, when there's a demand for heating the cylinder there's a vibration noise, is this the loose metal coil these have inside for primary heating .. my mate reckons it could be!?

Thanks Kay-Jay, ironically the mid position is being changed as the heating is coming on when DHW is only is selected

Thanks Kay-Jay, ironically the mid position is being changed as the heating is coming on when DHW is only is selected
That can be caused by a faulty cylinder stat. Its more likely to be the valve though. Just be aware!

My mate was saying something about a vibrating gledhill cylinder he fitted.

Aparanlty it it was a faulty cylinder and he said he would never fit another gledhill. They have no engineers that would even take a look before he decommissioned it and wouldn't refund the cylinder until it had been tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vibration with cylinder installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, I have a new unvented system with a horizontal 210L Joule hot water cylinder. The cylinder has been vibrating badly which you can hear...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock