Search the forum,

Discuss Vibrating central heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just replaced a radiator after draining down system. The system has had a bit of a hum for a while but is know vibrating really bad enough for us to worry about the neighbours.
I've just put in another dose of calmag which has improved it (2 litres in total) but I can't leave the speed on 2 as its too noisy, even 3 is better, it's on 1 at the moment
The pump is a wilo. I used to have an old 2nd hand grunfoss that gave me no trouble but the gas engineer changed it when I had the boiler changed about 10 years ago
My question is would a change of pump resolve the problem

Thanks in anticipation

Thanks for quick reply. I've done all the usual bleeding, rads all hot to the top and 2 air eliminators in airing cupboard doing their job. It's an open vent system with 2 zone valves (ch/hw). The pump doesn't seem to be sucking air.
I'm tempted to change the pump but reluctant in case I'm wrong

It depends on what is causing the vibration.
Do you have TRV's (Thermostatic Radiator Valves) and if so are they on the correct side?
I know some are bi-directional, just an initial thought!

Reply to Vibrating central heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock