Discuss very hot pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mimi

the pipes from my radiators get incredibly hot to the touch and my baby has just started to crawl so i really want to make sure i protect her from them. what is the best thing to do?
from what ive seen my two best options would be either to use a [DLMURL="http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Garden-DIY,Paint-and-wallpaper,Heat-resistant-paint"]heat resistant paint[/DLMURL] (although i am still unclear whethere this will resist heat and stay on or resist heat and not get hot) or to box them in with some skirting (which would be alot more work.

any other options?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi heat resistant paint won't do as you want, it just means it won't come off under heated conditions. it will be best to box the pipes in. how much pipework is there on show?

kids are tougher than you think and learn very fast the radiators are as hot as the pipework and you cant box them in

put some snappits on the pipe tails or some 22mm plastic pipe cut down the length (same thing) then a wrap of tape to secure them being pulled off.

Hi Mimi, im guessing this is your first kid? Dont worry all new mums are ultra cautious with their first. The best thing to do is to teach your little'un not to go near the pipes and radiator, they will soon learn.

i bet we can all remember a burn as a kid i touched the iron from that moment on i knew what burnies meant

the pipes from my radiators get incredibly hot to the touch and my baby has just started to crawl so i really want to make sure i protect her from them. what is the best thing to do?

She will only touch them once then stay away. Don't worry about it too much.
My biggest fear was seeing them put their fingers in the hinge side of the door.

Hi

Apart from teaching them not to touch the radiators or pipes or put fingers i hot water, turn the boiler rad temp down therefore the pipes or radiators will not get as hot you may not be as warm but the child wont burn themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to very hot pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
K
I have just moved into a flat and the water waste pipe from the flat above goes through our bathroom. Whoever lived here before had painted it but...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock