Discuss Very high water consumption in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks John. At the moment I've just switched the underfloor heating off by switching off the controllers in each room and ensuring the actuators are closed. When the DHW is switched off I have only changed the mode on the control panel to off instead of in the auto position which manages the DHW on a schedule. I do have the red tank you mention and there is a large blue lever on the cold water mains to the cylinder. I'll try to do what you have suggested and I am now going to also take meter readings every hour, record exactly what we used and then see if the meter readings tally with the actual usage.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks John. At the moment I've just switched the underfloor heating off by switching off the controllers in each room and ensuring the actuators are closed. When the DHW is switched off I have only changed the mode on the control panel to off instead of in the auto position which manages the DHW on a schedule. I do have the red tank you mention and there is a large blue lever on the cold water mains to the cylinder. I'll try to do what you have suggested and I am now going to also take meter readings every hour, record exactly what we used and then see if the meter readings tally with the actual usage.

Thanks,

Chris
Re the UFH, You will have to ensure that the make up filling is isolated, it doesn't matter how many controllers or actuators are closed.

IMG_7992.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7995.jpg

IMG_7999.jpg

IMG_8003.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

IMG_7990.jpg

IMG_7991.jpg

Those are the only photos I have so far. I need to move out our laundry shelving to get pictures of the UFH manifolds and controls and the other pipework. I will try to do that tomorrow and upload them.

Thanks,

Chris

Here are some other photos of the red expansion tank that I have previously taken. I have noticed from these photos that the isolation valves connecting the flex pipe to the cold water feed are in the off position. Should they be in the open position during normal every day use? I haven't noticed this before.

IMG_7812.jpg
IMG_8016.jpg
IMG_8018.jpg
IMG_8019.jpg
IMG_8020.jpg

No you should only open them when you want to refill the heating system by the looks of it you need to

Open one first eg inline with the pipe

Then slowly open the last one until you hear water don’t open it any more watch the pressure guage when it gets just above one shut that valve then shut the other one

No you should only open them when you want to refill the heating system by the looks of it you need to

Open one first eg inline with the pipe

Then slowly open the last one until you hear water don’t open it any more watch the pressure guage when it gets just above one shut that valve then shut the other one

Thanks ShaunCorbs. I will do that.

Reply to Very high water consumption in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock