Discuss vertical radiator - will it warm the room? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
My customer wants to install a vertical radiator in his living room (to replace a conventional double panel/single fin rad). His reasons are aesthetic.
We've done a heat loss calculation through the website bestheating.com, through which he intends to buy the rad. The loss is 1.28 watts.
It will be the only heat source in the room, which measures 3.3x4.5m (so a medium sized living room).
This rad has taken his fancy:
Milano Aruba - White Vertical Designer Radiator 1600mm x 354mm (Double Panel)
But at 1.36w, it's a bit borderline on the heat output.
The next one up is 2 watts, but double the price (£319).
My thoughts are that he'd be better off with the larger rad, which will be fitted with a TRV. (Hanging a second rad would mean running a lot of new pipework, which I'm not sure he wants to do).
What do you all reckon?
Thanks for your advice,
Jennie

Play safe tell him its not enough output for the room your the one whos got to come back and its gonna cost more than £200 to fit at a later date where is the room stat be aware of that . regards k

You also need to be careful of the flow and return temperatures. The radiator you quote only gives out 1.36Kw at deltaT of 65 degrees. At deltaT of 50 degrees, its only 0.97Kw, and at deltaT 30, falls to 0.5Kw.

Quite agree with king of pipes - need the next one up at least. I'd also be careful of the heat loss calculation, don't forget that also depends on desired temperature, outside / other room temperatures and coefficients of thermal conductivity. You've only got to be a bit off on one of them and it can seriously affect your choice of radiator. Don't forget who the customer will come looking for when he / she is cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vertical radiator - will it warm the room? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Jaga radiators (with heat-exchangers) have their own small fans, that "will modulate down when the room temperature is met – the room temperature...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all I’ve got a radiator in our conservatory which appears to have been piggybacked off the plumbing from the living room rad on the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock